Thursday, February 18, 2010

Diet Coke free for 5 days!

I have been Diet Coke free for almost 5 days now. I have filled the void by drinking ALOT of water, a coffee in the morning (with organic half and half) and tazo hot tea when my cravings for diet coke get really bad!! I was sitting in class last night next to a woman who was drinking a diet coke and I actually thought about just taking a BIG SWIG out of her drink but I resisted. She actually noticed that I wasnt drinking my usual huge soda and I told her that I was trying to kick my habit. She then defended herself about her own habit saying she hadn't had carbs in years which I thought was hilarious because I definitely wasnt judging her diet coke I was JEALOUS!

Did you know that there are SEASONS for meat? I am new to this world of actually knowing that the meat that I eat has lived a humane life; free of antibiotics and hormones, gets to eat the way God intended them to and see the light of day so I never even thought about their being a season to buy meat. Luckily in this day and age there are freezers so we get to enjoy healthy pasture raised meat all year round but I am amazed that I never thought about why there is "fresh" beef chicken and pork in the grocery store year round!!

I have to be honest I never thought that I would be someone who would be considering being vegetarian because I LOVE LOVE LOVE steak, hamburgers and chicken wings but ever since I saw Food Inc. I have been basically repulsed at the idea of eating any sort of meat no matter how it was raised. My boyfriend and I tried some local pasture raised chicken, ground beef and eggs and they were all good but I am just still dealing with what I learned this past Sunday. I think I will get over this and will once again enjoy sitting down to a delicious meal complete with meat.

No comments: